Please see here for the Report published in April 2022 about the feasibility of reopening Beeston and Tarporley Station.
INVITATION TO APPLY FOR GRANTS
THE TRUSTEES OF BUNBURY PAROCHIAL CHARITIES (CHARITY NUMBER 216368) INVITE APPLICATIONS FOR A LIMITED NUMBER OF GRANTS FROM RESIDENTS AND ORGANISATIONS OF THE FOLLOWING PARISHES:
ALPRAHAM, BEESTON, BUNBURY, BURWARDSLEY, CALVELEY, HAUGHTON, PECKFORTON, RIDLEY, SPURSTOW, TILSTONE FEARNALL, TIVERTON & WARDLE.
AN APPLICATION MAY BE MADE BY THE PROPOSED BENEFICIARY, OR BY A TRUSTEE OR OTHER PERSON ON THEIR BEHALF. IN CONSIDERING APPLICATIONS THE TRUSTEES WILL TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- The proposed recipient should be resident in one of the constituent parishes or be an organisation active in providing benefit for the residents of one or more of the constituent parishes.
- A grant may be made to a recipient who is in financial difficulties, particularly where the difficulties are adversely affecting a child or elderly person.
- A grant may be made to assist the education of a child who is being hindered by financial difficulties.
- A grant may be made to support a resident, particularly a child, in an activity deemed to be a worthy use of the charity – for example to help the recipient undertake an extracurricular educational project, to participate in a charitable project or to learn skills to assist that resident in finding work.
- A grant may be made to support an organisation providing support within the constituent parishes, for example providing clubs/group activity for the young and the elderly, support groups for the elderly, assistance for the disabled or disadvantaged, and groups providing hospital transport, respite care and home support.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE IN WRITING ON OUR FORMAL APPLICATION FORM AND SENT TO DAVID ELLIS, 11 GREENGATE CRESCENT, LEVENS, KENDAL, CUMBRIA LA8 8QA PREFERABLY BY E-MAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org BY 12 NOON ON WEDNESDAY 8th NOVEMBER 2023 AT THE LATEST ALL AWARDS WILL BE MADE AT THE COMPLETE DISCRETION OF THE TRUSTEES AT THEIR ANNUAL MEETING ON TUESDAY 5th DECEMBER 2023 WHOSE DECISION WILL BE FINAL. APPLICATION FORMS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE CLERK AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS/E-MAIL OR BY TELEPHONE ON 01539 766544.
The Parish Council bought a Speed Indicating Device in the summer of 2002 – you may have seen it around, on the A49, Peckforton Hall Lane and Long Lane, all in Spurstow.
English Country Dance is an excellent way to exercise both body and mind. It is a fun, social evening which provides a welcome break from the rush of our working day or an activity to look forward to when retirement looms – and it can open many other doors! https://www.spurstow.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Dance-Flyer.pdf
Citizens Advice Cheshire East and North Home Energy Support Fund
The Home Energy Support Fund is available to help people who are having difficulty paying for their domestic fuel to feel able to turn their heating on.
Funds have been made available through Cheshire East Council and this is added to by local people making voluntary donations through Just Giving: justgiving.com/campaign/CACNHomeEnergySupportFund
To qualify the client must:
- Be a resident of Cheshire East
- Be unable to pay their domestic fuel bills
- Be in short-term hardship causing a suspension of any regular income, eg. loss of employment, delay or suspension of welfare benefit payment, relationship breakdown etc.
- Be able to demonstrate that they have contracted with a utility company for domestic fuel.
- Be prepared to engage with us regarding better value with fuel costs.
The fund will provide a maximum of £100 per household towards heating costs.
Application is through a referral form (see attached) emailed to email@example.com
Payments will be made by BACs or online to the supplier where possible or through vouchers.
Jill Walsh MIMA (Cert)
Home Energy Support Fund Monday and Tuesday 9-5 and Wednesday 9-12:30
Proclamation following the decease of Queen Elizabeth https://www.spurstow.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022-09-10-Proclamation.pdf
Cheshire Police have sent this poster for Halloween, if you’d like to use it
Bunbury Parochial Charities – Invitation to Apply for Grants 2021
National Association of Local Councils – Policy Consultation Briefing: Local Nature Recovery Strategies
Correspondence with Edward Timpson OBE MP about the Safety Camera on the A49 in Spurstow, and Cheshire East’s letter referred to in that correspondence
Please find below links to our News Archive
[display-posts posts_per_page=”1000″ order=”DESC” include_excerpt=”true” excerpt_length=”20″]